- Saturday 24th April Cruise and Anchor in Company outside Dun Laoghaire harbour
- Saturday 29th May Muster in Malahide with BBQ served to the boat
- Thursday 22nd June Start of Mini Cruise along the east coast of Ireland
- Sunday 1st August Start of Main Cruise (possibly to the Menai Straits or the Inner Hebrides)
- Saturday 11th September Liffey Three Bridges Cruise – Dinner and more
- Saturday 6th November Presentation Dinner
- Active Sailing and ad hoc “Cruise In Company” will be published on the CAI Sailing WhatsApp group.
- All CAI events will be organised to comply with the regulations and recommendations from the government bodies.
Welcome to the Cruising Association of Ireland website. The site is our central point of contact and information, providing an understanding of the range of activities the CAI organise for its members. All sections of the community have suffered from the Covid pandemic and throughout the pandemic the CAI has endeavoured to keep close contact with our members. Last year, 2020, we managed a cruise in company along the east coast of Ireland from Dublin to Belfast implementing protocols over and above the then restrictions and recommendations from the government bodies. Some forty members and sixteen boats were able to safely participate in the cruise. As the pandemic restrictions increased the CAI being grounded ashore introduced a broad selection of zoom presentations and courses to help our members keep in contact. These have been recorded and are available for viewing on the site. Within the ongoing Covid restrictions the CAI has a strong itinerary for 2021 as itemised above. This will be followed by winter zoom presentations and courses. A past Commodore summarised the essence of the CAI, “The Cruising Association of Ireland exists to provide a platform for sailors in Ireland to cruise in company the Irish and UK waters, organise social events to enable members meet and talk the talk and enjoy themselves”.
Feel free to apply for membership and share in the adventures and wealth of knowledge the association has to offer. You may apply for membership through the web site or contact the secretary or a member of the committee.
Newsline - Recent and forthcoming events
https://staging2.cruising.ie/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/CVAI-Intro-02.mp4 Hi , Firstly welcome to our next Tuesday Night Talk (TNT!) The TNT’s commenced 06th October 2020 over the autumn and winter. Please log
2021 Sailing Season
"We have a variety of events organised for 2021, including cruises to Malahide, and Greystones. The highlight was our annual Summer cruise to Scotland. Our objective as always was to enjoy the security and camaraderie that cruising in company at sea provides. Covid did not totally get in the way of us enjoying our favourite pastime. We organised three active WhatsApp groups, and weekly Tuesday Night Talks (TNT talks)! Now that we are back on the water, we have gone to twice monthly TNT on Tuesday nights at 20:00 hours. An August cruise is planned, and our annual Liffey Cruise in September. Shorter mini-cruises are planned involving anchoring or visiting local marinas. "